Monday, December 29, 2008

Love getting rid of stuff!


I don't know about you but our house seems to breed "stuff." Or that is the excuse I am using for having too much. "That's my story and I'm sticking to it."
One of the organizing things we do is always keep a bag or box ready to put stuff into, to go to habitat for humanity or goodwill. We don't wait to clean out a closet or room to get rid of stuff. We are constantly putting items in the box that must go. I do continually seem to go through rooms, closets and dressers and organize or declutter. (I generally do a few of these projects a week.) But I also have that box on hand for areas I am not particularly working on, but if I find something I don't want anymore, or have too many of, then I just go put it in the box to get rid of. Example: Today I was getting a pitcher out for juice and saw I have 6 pitchers in my cabinet. Well I don't need that many, and realized it at that moment, so I just put 2 in the box while it was on my mind. I don't have a garage to save all these items for a garage sale, so my "stuff" goes on the porch and any number of different non-profit organizations will come and pick them up. So that's my tip... Get rid of stuff as you go.

1 comment:

  1. We are ALWAYS getting rid of stuff we don't need. It helps to keep the house organized and we (the kids) learn that if we don't really need it, or don't use it, or have to many, get rid of it.

    ReplyDelete