
We make our own waffles and freeze them flat on cookie sheets. When they are frozen we put them in bread bags and freeze. Easy to reheat in toaster or on cookie sheet in the oven. We use wheat flour so it is healthier than frozen store bought ones and way cheaper. This is one way to have quick breakfast on hand.
I just use a Betty Crocker recipe for this:
2 eggs
2 cups whole wheat flour (I use pastry wheat flour)
1/2 cup canola oil, or butter melted
1 3/4 cups milk
1 Tbls. granulated or brown sugar (I never put this in, since we use syrup on top of our pancakes)
4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
Heat waffle irons. Beat eggs with hand beater in medium bowl until fluffy. Beat in remaining ingredients just until smooth. Pour batter from cup or pitcher onto center of hot waffle iron. Bake until your waffle irons says done. (When I use this recipe I always think it's a little on the thin side, not thick, but once it sits for a few minutes it seems to thicken. )
We let the waffles cool on wire racks then freeze them flat on cookie sheets and then put them in bread bags that I get from Debbie Barton.
We do this, too! I have noticed that using the wheat flour makes them more filling, too, so the kids don't eat as many at a time. I had not thought about using bread bags to store them...thanks!
ReplyDeletewhat is your recipe?
ReplyDelete