Sunday, January 4, 2009

Bar soap vs. Liquid soap


Well we have tried both, and of course I have to say liquid stuff is fun. But if we are talking saving money... and I am with this one...bar soap is way cheaper. I just bought some bar soaps and they cost only 3 for $1. ( I noticed that dollar tree always has 3 for a buck). One bar of soap will last probably about a month in one of the bathrooms. So 33 cents is cheap for the month. Compared to the liquid stuff that costs around $1 for the pump and then refilling it several times a month with a bottle of liquid refill. Last I remember the bottle I bought was around $4 dollars. Amazingly somehow we would go through a refill bottle every month. That's saving money in my book and it adds up. For a whole year that is over $40 dollars. I just bought 3 soap dishes at the dollar store and we haven't looked back. Remember a dollar saved is "truly" a dollar earned. A 40-50$ savings for us could buy us a pass to the zoo or someplace. And all we had to do was use bar soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment