
We have just recently started to cloth diaper the little kids. And I was given some cloth wipes along with a bunch of free diapers. We wanted to make some more cloth wipes, so here is what we did. We used two soft receiving blankets and ironed them and put them right sides together. Then we took our example wipe (measuring about 6 inches by 8 inches) and used that as our guide. Then we cut wipes out just slightly bigger than that size. Cynthia sewed them right sides together, leaving a little place to turn it inside out. Then we turned them inside out and flat ironed them. Last step she went around and sewed a zig zag seam around the outside of the top, closing up the whole as she went along.
Cloth diapering has saved me a bunch of money so far. But so has the wipes. I was going through one huge box of wipes every month. Now we just use these soft cloth wipes. We were able to make 12 cloth wipes out of the two receiving blankets. I would definitely say that cloth diapering and cloth wipes saves money. Especially if you are going to use them over and over again for multiple kids. We recommend fuzzi bunz for diapers.
That's awesome that you're using cloth diapers!!! If the Lord blesses us with children someday, we plan to use cloth diapers! Some people think we're absolutely insane for even considering it, but that just reminds us that we can't make our decisions based on what others think or may say! We've never thought of using cloth wipes... we've got a good "recipe" for making your own disposable wipes, but cloth wipes sound interesting!
ReplyDeleteWe've enjoyed reading your blogs over the past few weeks. They are both very encouraging and inspiring!
We pray you have a super blessed evening!
Just found your blog, and I love it! Do you use just water for your cloth wipes, or do you put them in some type of solution? Just curious what works best since I've been considering the switch.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE Homemade wipes. I will have to try your recipe when we have more little ones along.
ReplyDeleteWe used to get a tupperware container (Rectangle size) and the select a size papertowels~ and rip them and place them in container and then add a favorite baby soap, baby oil and water and FRESH SHINY AND NEW and much safer too. Thanks for sharing- the cloth is waaaay softer. I love this other blog of yours except your making me hungry with all of the recipes :)
Lesley