I use my bosch mixer for this recipe. It is big enough to handle it.
This is how I cut my bread. It is just a bread slicer guide. You stick the bread on and it has grooves that show you where to put your knife through. I just bought mine at a thrift store. I have seen many at the thrift stores. I just use a bread knife to cut it, so it doesn't smoosh it. I have seen cheap bread knives like the one I use at The dollar tree, for a buck.
We make our own wheat bread. The recipe we use makes 5 loaves at a time. One recipe and cooking time lasts us all week and beyond. Yes we eat lots of peanut butter and jellies. I freeze my loaves of bread and use them whenever we need them.
I use my Bosch mixer and this recipe:
2/3 cup honey
2/3 cup oil
5 1/2 cups warm water
3TB. SAF instant yeast
1 1/2 TB. salt
16-18 cups fresh whole wheat flour (I never use more than 16 cups though)
3 TB. dough enhancer
Combine the oil, honey, yeast, dough enhancer, salt, warm water and 5 cups of fresh whole wheat flour in bosch mixing bowl. Allow this to sponge for 5-15 minutes while you prepare your pans. Add to the above mixture additional flour until the dough begins to clean the sides of the bowl. Knead for 6 minutes in a bosch mixer. Be careful not to allow the dough to become too dry by adding too much flour at this point. Oil your hands and form dough into loaves, rolls, pizza crust or pastries. Let it rise until doubled in size (30-60 minutes) and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Bread is done when it sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom and the bottom and sides are golden brown.
This is Debbie Bartons recipe and I bought my wheat grinder and bosch from her. She is a wonderfully, sweet homeschool mom and she is always at homeschool convention. You can check out her website at http://www.sonrisewg.com/ I get the dough enhancer, bread bags and wheat from Debbie. I buy my yeast at Sam's though, it is a little cheaper, and you get two big deals of it (though it is not SAF yeast it is Fleishmans).
what is the recipe for this? do you use a bread maker or a starter?
ReplyDeleteI have some more questions to add ;0) What size pans do you use and how do you slice it without it tearing or squishing your bread?
ReplyDeleteOk, I revised my post to hopefully answer your questions. I just use regular size loaf pans. Mine just happen to be glass ones from wal-mart. Hope that helps.
ReplyDeleteyeah, Jim says i can buy a Bosch with tax refund!! I'm so excited! thanks for introducing me to it.
ReplyDeleteOK...Heather. HELP!?!? Where can you buy the equipment for bread making? I used to own a bread machine.
ReplyDeleteLesley