Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Chicken or Turkey Pot Pie

Chicken Pot Pie, or Turkey Pot Pie

4 Tbs. butter
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 cups chicken broth or turkey
1/2 cup milk
2 cups chicken , cooked and cubed (or turkey)
3 large potatoes diced and boiled for about 10 minutes
1 bag frozen mixed vegetables

Preheat oven to 400. Melt butter in a large skillet over low heat and stir in flour, and seasonings. Cook until smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in milk and broth. Heat to boiling , stirring constantly for one minute. Stir in chicken and veggies. Pour into a 13 x 9 inch pan. And top with crust recipe below: Then bake 375 for 40- 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown.

Crust
2 cups Bisquick (might need a little more to get the right consistency)
1 cup milk
2 eggs beaten
Mix together and spoon all over the top.

We found this to be a great cheap recipe. I add a few more potatoes to stretch it a little. And I used cooked chicken I bought on sale and the broth from that. I also like a little more seasonings. But it's a big casserole dish for pretty cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment